Hope y’all are doing great!
I ought to have shared this post over the past weekend, but then I was damn busy. Thank God for the grace to be able to edit today..
Sometimes ago, I met someone somewhere who was curious about my body weight. Hahaha.😂
Guys, I used to have a little more weight than what I weigh now compared to how I used to be some years back.
(My friends and family really wants me to gain some more weight now) .😭
The truth be told, I don’t think I did anything intentionally as such. All I
know is that my activities increased due to a whole lot of hustle and Lagos stress.😂 (Nigerians living and working in Lagos can relate.)
Being a graduate of Biochemistry, I have a keen interest in Nutritional Biochemistry. I do a lot of researches in human nutrition, obesity and other related topics.
In the world today, most women and ladies are so conscious of their weight gain and some people struggle with their weight gain situations. Some want to lose weight while others want to gain weight. What an irony!
To lose weight is to gain health. It has been said that one kilo more of weight represents one year less of life.
– Dr George D.
The human body stores fat in the abdominal area which is the adipose tissue. When a person starts to lose weight, it starts in a reverse order, beginning with the thighs and arms, ending with the abdominal area.
Before you have the intentions of shedding off some weights, it’s advised you know your Body Mass Index (BMI). BMI is simply the measure of your weight in kilograms and your height in metres. It is calculated weight in kg divided by the square of your height.
According to the American National Institutes of Health (NIH) if your BMI fails below 18.5, you are underweight. If your BMI falls between 18.5 – 24.9., you are within your ideal weight. If your BMI falls between 25 – 30, you are overweight. If BMI falls between 30 – 40, you are obese. If your BMI is above 40, you are morbidly obese.
What’s really makes people gain weight!
- Diet – Eating the wrong kind of foods can make you gain weight.
- Lifestyle – Living a sedentary lifestyle can increase your chances of gaining weight
- Hereditary factors.
- Individual factors caused by hormonal imbalance.
Losing weight naturally, you have to be disciplined. You have to put efforts to end some sugar cravings. It’s a gradual process though. And be committed to doing the below.
- Try to eliminate free sugar such as soft drinks, beverages, refined sugar, from your diet.
- Avoid refined carbohydrates as much as possible.
- Reduce your intake of saturated fats
- Observe moderate exercise such as brisk walking, etc
- Avoid eating too much at time. Over eating is not a healthy practice.
- Avoid eating unhealthy snacks. Too much of snacks will add unwanted calories to your daily food intake
- Drink a lot of water. At least 8-12 240ml glasses of purified water because water raises and maintains your metabolism.
- Don’t eat your dinner/supper too late. Ideally, your supper should be taken latest 7pm.
I hope all these tips can be done? Kindly let me know your thoughts if you really want to lose weight so I can share in details.(Please send me a mail – email@example.com)
Be sure to share this post to your friends and loved ones if you found it helpful!
_ next time,